Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Self Reflection - Not the easiest thing in the world!

I have been working on the self-reflection part of my annual evaluation and it is really not as easy as it seems. I am glad that there were such extensive guiding questions and areas identified on the reflections I asked of staff this year. Without them, it is really easy to get sidetracked and move outside the scope of what needs to be looked at.
My own set of guiding questions is very general and generic to a number of senior staff so it requires a good deal of interpretation. Unfortunately, for those who know me, I really do pick on myself a bit and must give credit where credit is due so it gets a little tough to talk about stuff I have/have not done.

So - I need to remind myself of the purpose(s) of self-reflection:
To remind me of the areas of responsibility, shared and individual, which I need to address annually
To help me determine if I have adequately addressed these areas
To remind myself that I have both strengths and weaknesses and need to address both
To recognize for myself and others what my strengths and accomplishments are
To lay out for myself and others what my weaknesses are
To identify ways to address those weakness constructively and purposefully

Okay - I can do this - hopefully. You won't hear from me for a month or so while I am on holiday so wishing you all a great summer - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment